tellulahdarling

Tellulah Darling

Sassy girls. Swoony boys. What could go wrong?

The Redemption of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #2)

The Redemption of Callie & Kayden - Jessica Sorensen I was hesitant to read this book. I hadn't read book one and don't like coming in partway to a series. Also, I knew there was going to be more broken NA characters. But I kept coming across people raving about the story and so decided to give it a try.Here's the thing. The writing is good. I felt like Sorensen handled the characters - both their pasts, and their current issues and challenges, in a real and heartfelt manner. But these slew of NA stories that are unremitting dysfunction and abuse have exhausted me. Yeah, sure, most of them end with hope and love. I just don't think I can go on these journeys anymore. It's too much of the same thing over and over again. If you like these types of stories, then absolutely read this one. But if, like me, you've had your fill and want an NA book that breaks that mold, I'd suggest you keep looking.Thanks to Forever (Grand Central Publishing) and NetGalley for a copy in exchange for a fair and honest review.