tellulahdarling

Tellulah Darling

Sassy girls. Swoony boys. What could go wrong?

The Abomination: Book One of the Carnivia Trilogy - Jonathan Holt Murder, mystery, Mafia, the Catholic Church, conspiracy theories and Venice both real and virtual. Holt takes all these elements and weaves an extremely satisfying story that I fell into and couldn't put down.Rather than one main detective, we're following three characters who are putting the pieces together from different ends. Each of them is incredibly well realized and different from each other.My only bump was that the ending felt a little abrupt - one element Holly now working for Ian and seemingly spying on the other two was very surprising and I wasn't sure why it had ended that way, until I read that this was book one in a trilogy.Nothing had given me that sense up until that point. Which was a good thing. I love my trilogies but was very happy that for the most part, this mystery was totally self- contained.A great read.