tellulahdarling

Tellulah Darling

Sassy girls. Swoony boys. What could go wrong?

In His Command - Rie Warren 2.5 stars. I really liked the idea of having this m/m romance set in a dystopian world where sexual behaviour is tightly controlled. But I felt let down by both the romance and the dystopia.The romance is a case of insta-attraction that is already established before the characters have their first encounter. Which is fine, but means there isn't a lot of relationship tension happening for much of the book. They like each other, they keep liking each other, they have a bunch of sex - not much driving things here.In terms of the dystopia, there was a bit of nice conflict but the big reveals were glaringly obvious. The external conflict did pick up in the back half, but I think the author missed out a chance to really explore the premise in a more satisfying way.Thanks to Forever (Grand Central Publishing) and NetGalley for a copy in exchange for a fair and honest review.