tellulahdarling

Tellulah Darling

Sassy girls. Swoony boys. What could go wrong?

Elite (Eagle Elite, #1) - Rachel Van Dyken This book should have had 4 stars because A) it didn't feature any emotionally or physically abused females and b) it was about the freaking mafia. How fun is that?!But a couple of things knocked it down. First off, I felt like the bullying at the beginning was a little heavy-handed. Worse than that though, I'm still not convinced it was necessary - that Nixen needed to behave that way.Then Trace, our lead did a couple of things that drive me crazy in books. First off she didn't remember Nixon until it was convenient for a memory to come back to her. She was six when she last saw him. I remember my best friend who moved away when I was four. Really? She remembered nothing about this guy who was soooo important to her? Then when Nixon was all concerned about Phoenix knowing who she was, she didn't say "Oh yeah, he just saw the necklace with my real last name on it so I guess he knows. Nope it was a big surprise. Really? And finally. Love triangles. Not every girl needs to have multiple guys falling for her. I really wish it had been 4 stars. I haven't been this excited about a premise of an NA novel in ages.Thank you to Forever (Grand Central Publishing) and NetGalley for a copy in exchange for a fair and honest review.