tellulahdarling

Tellulah Darling

Sassy girls. Swoony boys. What could go wrong?

The Silver Chain - Primula Bond Let me start off by saying that somehow, I had it in my head that I was going to be reading an NA paranormal. To be fair, all the initial description of Gustav as vampiric didn't exactly disabuse me of the notion. Eventually, my poor addled brain figured out that nope, no paranormal. A whole other kind of relationship.The relationship completely incredulous at times, and yet there was something I liked about this story. Even the writing style which was somewhat stylized. I enjoyed the settings and the fact that it was being narrated by a Brit. I just kind of fell into it and kept reading. I think if I start to deconstruct why, I'll probably like it less and less. So I'll chalk it up to right headspace at the right time.But I have no desire to read the next book in this trilogy. I didn't feel there was anything about the story that lent itself to a trilogy.Thank you HarperCollins UK, Avon and NetGalley for a copy in exchange for a fair and honest review.