tellulahdarling

Tellulah Darling

Sassy girls. Swoony boys. What could go wrong?

Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell Love love love love love love. I am in love with a book about love. Like Christmas for the Grinch, this book made my heart grow two sizes this day. Of course that was before it broke it, but with a first sentence like "He'd stopped trying to bring her back." you know what you're getting into.Eleanor & Park is the sweetest love story that I think I've ever read. And I mean in that in the best, heart meltiness, please let them grow old together way possible.Seriously, I can't think of a single thing wrong with this book except for the fact that it ended. I also want to really applaud Rainbow Rowel for her main characters. Not even so much Eleanor, who as a chubby redhead is not your usual romantic lead. But for Park. Understand, that I just came off reading Wait for You, which has Cam who I was thinking was a crown contender for swooniest boy ever. But then I met Park.Park who is average height, half-Korean and totally not the expected convention for a swoony boy. No alpha male here. And yet, he is amazing. He is beautiful and real and when he put on mascara, my former teen self came charging back to life in a roar of yay!So that's it. If I can't convince you now then take your cold, dead heart and go watch Dexter or something.