tellulahdarling

Tellulah Darling

Sassy girls. Swoony boys. What could go wrong?

No Easy Day. The Firtshand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama bin Laden - Mark Owen 3.5 stars. I've read so many fictional stories about SEALs, I figured it was time to read a non-fiction account. Also, I'm fascinated with all the events that both led up to and occurred as a result of 9/11, and just understanding the situation in the Middle East in general. There have been some really compelling books like [bc:Imperial Life in the Emerald City: Inside Iraq's Green Zone|22121|Imperial Life in the Emerald City Inside Iraq's Green Zone|Rajiv Chandrasekaran|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1320462417s/22121.jpg|1275660] that did just that.So I went in hoping this would also help flesh out my understanding. However, instead of explaining how one event led to another and another, creating a fuller understanding from the Navy Seal side of things, culminating in this takedown, I felt like the first half was more random missions that yes, existed because of 9/11 but didn't necessarily link up, if that makes sense.About halfway through, when the book focused on the mission, it really got interested though. I would still recommend this book.