tellulahdarling

Tellulah Darling

Sassy girls. Swoony boys. What could go wrong?

London Underground's Strangest Tales: Extraordinary but True Stories - Iain Spragg When I read the synopsis of this book, I was immediately intrigued. It's the kind of non-fiction I love and reminded me of a much loved book The Mole People about denizens in the NY subway system. There are some fun facts in this book but for me, none of the stories went beyond superficial trivia. In each chapter, I kept hoping that the author would dig deeper, give us more insight into the particular event he was speaking of but that didn't happen. I also wished that there was some kind of thematic grouping to the stories. They felt very random to me. If you're just looking to find a quick, fun fact about the London underground and like just reading a chapter at random now and then, you'll probably enjoy this book. However, given the excellent premise, I wish it had gone deeper.Thanks to Anova Books and NetGalley for a copy in exchange for a fair and honest review.