tellulahdarling

Tellulah Darling

Sassy girls. Swoony boys. What could go wrong?

The Indigo Spell - Richelle Mead When I was first turned on to Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy, I was a little hesitant to pick it up because I was so sick of the tons of vamp lit I'd read. Well, by the first chapter of book one I was hooked and tore through the series. So even though Sydney wasn't my favourite character, I still went along for the ride in Bloodlines.And what do you know? Mead quickly had me rooting for her as well. In the first two books anyways ...I struggled to finish this one. In fact the only reason it even gets 2 stars is because I made it to the end. And yes, I can see how she's set up some potentially interesting conflict for book four, but I don't care. This entire book felt like filler to me. Sydney was annoying, I didn't feel any kind of chemistry in the romance, and the plot? Just felt like a lot of running around with no clear purpose. I get the vague overall picture but there wasn't any urgency to any of it. So yeah, really disappointed and not sure I'll be continuing with the series. Guess I'll be trolling all of your reviews for book four to make my decision.