tellulahdarling

Tellulah Darling

Sassy girls. Swoony boys. What could go wrong?

Painted Faces - L.H. Cosway I devoured this book in one sitting last night and had to rate it but was too tired to review it. So here goes. Yay for this story! I have literally read thousands of romances in my lifetime - steamy, tame, fantasy, contemp, historical, YA etc etc etc. But I'd never read this particular type of a relationship between a woman and a straight drag queen. There are so many ways it could have missed the mark - not least of which is fighting cultural bias about what being a drag queen means and how could one ever be a romantic lead. But it worked perfectly - for the rampant sexuality, how it related to Nicholas' demons and the believable fascination for Freda.Plus, my God it's hot! So erotic without being erotica, if that makes sense. It's a long hot tease of sensuality coupled with a very funny first person narration. Wit and steam, my fav. Read it - but be prepared to lose several hours of your life only to emerge in a swoony daze at the end.