tellulahdarling

Tellulah Darling

Sassy girls. Swoony boys. What could go wrong?

A surprisingly dark HR story that hooked me in

One thing I've really enjoyed about The Brothers Sinister series, is that the female protagonists are definitely not your run of the mill HR heroines. Each in their own way is a shocking, refreshing wholly original character.

And Violet, in The Countess Conspiracy, is no exception. I love how smart and broken and constrained she is. I found this story much darker than a lot of other HRs and I was fine with that. There was such a sense of despondency and yearning and I honestly don't remember wanting an HEA this badly so that the couple could be okay and find happiness.

I think this series just keeps getting better and I'm really glad I had a chance to read it. My only complaint is that I wish there had been more sexual encounters, but that wouldn't have been in keeping with Violet's experiences.

Thanks to Courtney Milan and NetGalley for a copy in exchange for a fair and honest review.