tellulahdarling

Tellulah Darling

Sassy girls. Swoony boys. What could go wrong?

Sweet evil leaves terrible aftertaste

Sweet Evil - Wendy Higgins

Almost impressive how it managed to include my top YA pet peeves.

#1: No sense of personality whatsoever. So Anna is good. Yup. She is. That's about all I got from her. I couldn't understand why Josh was friends with her - didn't see what she contributed to that friendship or pretty much anything. This leads to

#2: Love triangle. Because obviously with such a girl, there must be not 1 but two guys after her. Based on ...? Not sure. I would love someone to do a study and see what percentage of YA novels feature this stupid trope. I remember having enough trouble getting one guy to like me, nevermind two. I'm all for escapism in fiction but at least let it be understandable why they are after her.

#3: No female friendships for much of the book. Seriously, I am sick of this. Have one genuine, good female friend. A friend that we see is worthy of female friendship celebration. Not just some paranormal other that they meet at some point and become friends with for reasons of bonding? Reluctantly inflicting damage on the human population?

No clue. All I do know is that I will not be reading the rest of this series.