tellulahdarling

Tellulah Darling

Sassy girls. Swoony boys. What could go wrong?

Where Richelle Mead goes I follow

The Immortal Crown - Richelle Mead

Was it only 2 short years ago that I discovered the joys of Richelle Mead? I was turned on to her VA series and off that high, embraced the Bloodlines spin off and her succubus series. All with the same adoration for her writing.

When I read Gameboard of the Gods, I felt like I'd wandered into new territory with her writing. The romance was toned down and mythology, religion, hidden agendas and mysteries allowed to take centre stage. I loved it. And continue to do so in the next book of this series.

Once again, I fell into the excellence of Justin and Mae. Not only does Mead excel at character, but her imagination when it comes to world building is unstoppable. Plus I continue to be amused by a futuristic Vancouver. This is the kind of story you have to let yourself fall into. It's not a fast-paced ride but the twists and turns are definitely there and massively significant.

My only complaint was that I wasn't as enamoured of the Tessa story. But even that was relevant and I have a feeling will only continue to be an essential thread in this tapestry.

Please don't keep me waiting too long for book three!

Thanks to Penguin Group Dutton and NetGalley for a copy in exchange for a fair and honest review.