tellulahdarling

Tellulah Darling

Sassy girls. Swoony boys. What could go wrong?

All the stars for Adam

Adam - Ariel Schrag

Take one bio boy pretending to be an older trans to woo the lesbian of his dreams and things are bound to get awkward. All the stars for this fresh, funny, sweet, lovely romantic comedy filled with fabulous characters and great voices. Schrag reminds us in the best possible way that regardless of identity or sexuality, when it comes to love, drama is drama and none of us humans can escape it.

And as much as the entire book was tremendously engaging, I think what pushed my love for it into overdrive was the ending. Because this is that time honoured love structure of boy meets girl and thus boy must lose girl and man could it have gone so wrong. Not just for our protagonist Adam, but how do you have this magnitude of a whopper exposed without falling into whocka whocka sitcom territory? I needn't have worried. Schrag applies the same deft touch to giving us the sweetest, most hopeful ending as she does the rest of the story.

Yay! Happy reader girl here.