tellulahdarling

Tellulah Darling

Sassy girls. Swoony boys. What could go wrong?

Seriously jump on The Others series

Vision in Silver - Anne Bishop

The Others has become one of my favourite series and Vision in Silver just keeps the mad love growing. I got the email that I'd been approved on NG, screamed, did a happy dance, downloaded it, and then didn't even pretend I wasn't ignoring my family to read it in one sitting. It's just that good. For me, this series is all about spending time with the characters, seeing how their doing, how they change and grow.

Bishop is masterful in deepening the conflicts, the tensions and the relationships between all the characters in this slow epic way. I loved how the ways in which the characters find themselves interacting is both surprising and revelatory to them. They're all forging new ways of being and it's a surprise, a delight, confusing, and sometimes really really hard.

There's no filler here. There's a lot of black and white in terms of behaviour but the beauty is that Bishop uses that to explore the grey areas. Vision in Silver is not a high octane read. It's Shakespearean. And I, for one, cannot wait to see where this rich tapestry takes us next. And Meg and Simon of course.

Thanks to PENGUIN GROUP Berkley, NAL / Signet Romance, DAW and NetGalley for a copy in exchange for a fair and honest review.