tellulahdarling

Tellulah Darling

Sassy girls. Swoony boys. What could go wrong?

Read this book!

Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life - Nagoski Ph.D,  Emily

I always wished that I'd studied human sexuality as my career and Come As You Are is the book that I wish I could have written. Not only does Nagoski makes the science around sexuality easy to understand, she's funny and nerdy.

She takes us on a journey from anatomy, through the mechanics of sex, to self-criticism, the emotional One Ring (to rule them all, of course), rats with lemon fetishes, and how context is everything. Above all, the message Nagoski gives women is despite our variety of sexual stimuli, responses, and differences in body formation, we are all gloriously normal.

With physical science, psychology, and a straight-forward deconstruction of the bullshit cultural messages women are exposed to on a constant and pervasive basis, she takes an important step towards creating a world in which woman can fully love themselves and their sexuality. All yum no yuck.

Every woman should read this book. Hell, every person should read this book, it's that important.