tellulahdarling

Tellulah Darling

Sassy girls. Swoony boys. What could go wrong?

Hockey m/m romance book crack

Breakaway - Avon Gale

I would rather stick hot needles in my eyes than watch any kind of team sports, so the fact that I love love love hockey romances, especially m/m ones, is a mystery to me. I blame it on some kind of hard-wired Canadianness.

My favourite m/m hockey romances are written by Sarina Bowen, so when she recommended Avon Gale's romances, I knew I'd be checking them out.

Lane is the best. First off, he's Canadian, which yay! But he's so socially awkward. This kid just does not have a filter button, which I love, and yet he makes everyone want to both hug him and punch him at the same time. I don't know how Gale pulled this character off, but she did it brilliantly.

Jared is about 11 years older than Lane. The veteran player. I usually cringe at this age gap, but again, it worked and I totally rooted for them. Both of them are at very different places in terms of their sexual identities and experience and Gale really brought a genuineness to her exploration of that.

There's not a lot of worry about what will happen with Lane and Jared. They get together quite soon on and it's more going along for the ride in their relationship than nail biting "will they overcome all these horrible things and finally get an HEA."

Breakaway is a totally satisfying standalone but I bet that like me, you'll be buying book 2 as soon as you're finished. I'm almost done that one as well, and yeah. Just as good.