tellulahdarling

Tellulah Darling

Sassy girls. Swoony boys. What could go wrong?

Desire tempered by supreme annoyance

Undying Desire (A Novel of the Enclave) (Entangled Edge) - Jessica Lee

I picked up this book beause I was interested in a submissive alpha male vamp. Sadly, that aspect which was fine, couldn't overcome a number of problems for me. There was a lot of backstory info dump at the beginning, to the point that I had to re-read the first few pages a couple of times to keep everyone straight.

Then we had hybrids, vamps who were also wolves, mental powers - a hodgepodge which bothered me. I felt like Lee had just thought of anything cool she could come up with and randomly distributed it. I didn't get the sense of an overall cohesive world building or mythology. That said, if you're going to give the protagonist mental powers that allow her to slam her vamp lovers arms to the bed and hold him in place, how come she couldn't do the same to the bad guy when he had a knife to her throat?

Also, I really hate when someone does the obvious stupid thing. Like run into an extremely dangerous situation (that they know is dangerous and there is a perfectly good plan in place) because they overheard something (incorrectly of course) and have decided this is the noble course of action. Just, no on that.

Thanks to Entangled Publishing and NetGalley for a copy in exchange for a fair and honest review.